Mar 29, 2017

Fw: : Santa Fe 3751 in emergency....technically called "what the...............".

 
 
 
 
 
HERE ARE A FEW PHOTOS FROM A FRIEND OF MINE THAT CAUGHT THE SANTA FE STEAM ENGINE DOING SOMETHING ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO DO.  JERRY

Subject: 3751 in emergency

I don't think I have shared these shots with anyone before.   This was on June 1, 2008 coming back up from San Diego.  I had stopped at the rest stop near Camp Pendleton to catch 3751 one more time, the sun was pretty much down behind the ocean haze.   I was balancing myself on a wall when 3751 went into emergency right in front of me, I didn't know what I was seeing but I thought the whole was going to blow.  It was the backsplash from firebox I guess.  Just wish I was in focus for the money shot but I started looking for cover!

Not the way we are used to seeing 3751.
 

2 comments:

  1. actually i think thats normal
    i always see steam engines doing that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, the Grand Canyon locomotives are always doing that.

    ReplyDelete