Jun 1, 2016

Looking for love in all the right places.

 
.
 
I'm always looking for a new angle when I get my hands on my Canon camera to shoot the Evergreen layout so my viewers don't get bored with the same old thing.
On Tuesday I had Marvin running his NP freight with 4 first generation diesels that I remember the real thing so well when I moved to the Northwest.
 
So I asked Marvin to stop his train at various spots so I can get the train without any motion to ruin the shot.
This one is at the middle of the layout and I don't usually crawl under the layout to get to this spot.
 
The Titanic ice plant is usually shot from the other side so this gives me a new look for this area.
Ice reefers were so important to the railroads to keep produce fresh for the long journey back east.
 
The Evergreen layout is rich with tunnels and bridges that it even amazes me after 7 plus years at
this location to have so many photo opportunities for taking these pictures for you.
 
They named a building after me and it is the red one on the left of the train. I missed out on the GN tower
so this one will have to do.
 
On Monday I visited the Greenwood Cemetery with the wife to visit her dad's gravesite and as we
were leaving I saw this sign and I thought how appropriate for them to have a special place for
model railroaders to be interned together so they can discuss the advantages of different scales.
What's a Rebekah?

No comments:

Post a Comment