Dec 20, 2015

FW: I'm back! I moved! I'm settled in!

It's been about 2 weeks since my last communication with this group after selling my house, moving to an apartment in the valley and looking forward to the next move to our new home in 8 months. This dyslexic collection of locos interested me so I put it together for a few photos. It doesn't make prototype sense so no refunds will be forthcoming.
 
This one can be justified by the caboose that is all Spokane International when the UP took it over in 1959 and ran GP7/9s up this way for a while. Anyway it's a pretty photo.
 
Great Northern Big Sky Blue passenger colors showed up in Spokane around 1967 so our member Janis put together a nice collection  to show it off.
 
Its been a few days since I shot this scene but I think it is Steve Weso's train with Alco and EMD power. I'll hear about it if it isn't.
At one time there was 4 passenger trains in  the yard when I took this shot. GN, Milwaukee, Rio Grande and
Alaska!  Oh yea, some Evergreen cars are in the background as well.
 
Cowboy Bob visited us on Thursday with his fine looking hat. But Cowboy Bob is none other than John Kowsky who we know through our years with the other Spokane train club. John was the host for a TV show on KHQ here in Spokane.  John models the Canadian Pacific Railroad among other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment