May 4, 2013

Show time for the Spokane & Inland Empire Railroad.

I was asked to make a presentation to the Valleyford Historical Society tomorrow ( Saturday May 4th ) at 11 am and again at 1 pm.  I will do the history of the line that ran from downtown Spokane to Moscow and Colfax, Washington from the turn of the century to around 1960. The line was electrified even through the Great Northern era. 

I will have photos, models and a CD photo presentation with my collection that I acquired many years ago.
It's happening at the Valleyford Coffee Shop on Old Palouse Highway 12212 E. Palouse Hy, which is about 1.5 miles from Highway 27 ( take Pines Road to Old Palouse Hy - go west )

We both might learn something about Old Spokane and what made
it grow in the early days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment