Nov 22, 2017

The glorys of the Southern Pacific are revealed!

 
Here I thought the magic of SP was Cab Forwards and Daylight 4-8-4s, but I was wrong! It turns out its this little 44 ton switcher that Doug
brought in Tuesday! Sure its small and well.... small but its cute and easy to put on the track. Now I see why Chuck Heimerdinger is such a fan!
 
Welcome to New Josiey! Doug's other loco was a Central of New Jersey FM road switcher in original paint. I never ventured south 20 miles to
photograph these babies running when I lived back there. Let's see... I was young, did not have a car or a camera or film or even know they existed!
 
Must have been a windstorm that pushed over that rail cleaner box car? Or maybe it was my elbow trying to get this shot of 3 big BNSF units heading out.
 
Contrasting eras is shown here with F7 #725 represents the 1950s and 1991 Desert Storm represents 1990s era power.
 
Janus had her collection of red, white and blue locos together for a test run on Tuesday, The units represent BN honoring BN employees for serving
during Desert Storm, the middle two units are America's 200th birthday and the trailing unit is SP version of the Bi-Centennial effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment