Nov 1, 2017

Accident at the Evergreen Railroad!

Member Ver Walker got his Amtrak train rear ended and he still had a smile on his face. But it shouldn't be
a surprise to any of us as Ver is one of the friendlest guys you will ever meet. Apologies were made.
 
Today we had NP trains all over the place with Marvin and his 5 unit freight train and Greg with his NP North Coast Limited making the rounds.
 
I liked this shot so much I put some Photoshop time into it. The road had a few pebble debris on the road that I didn't notice when I took the photo. Strange.
 
Ver Walker had this BNSF train pulling some very large 86 foot boxcars around. Jack Pappas was doing a little switching when they passed each other.
 
In the three years since Marvin joined the club he has increased his train inventory to include 5 NP F units with sound as well. They look good even without weathering.
Newcomer Doug Nighswonger not only has lots of midwest stuff, now he is showing up with back east stuff where I grew up in New Josiey. He had 2 Pennsylvania passenger
trains but he took the second one off before I could photograph it for evidence.
 
Last but not least is new member Larry Sorenson, an experienced modeler who I knew back in the
good old days when we were both members of another train club together. This guy has lots of stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment