Nov 10, 2017

Jerry Quinn has a bout with Reefer Madness!

I have some 2 dozen cheap reefer car bodies that are close to toy quality but the shells has some decent detail so I decided to put my efforts in creating 7 more NP models
for my F units to pull. I also added metal stirrups, paint, decals and yet to be installed wheel brakes, weights, wheels, couplers and a little weathering.
 
Doug was made a full member Thursday night and I though I would show his Pennsy K4 passenger
loco he ran last week. It was their premier passenger loco for years.
 
Merger time has come and gone in 1970 when all the merger locos were mixed into one giant grab bag
of power when you would not know what is coming down the tracks be it green, black, red, yellow, grey,
and whatever they could find in the yard to send your way. It was exciting for a few years then it was all green.
 
The same train owned by Mike Baker makes its way across one of 18 bridges on the layout.
 
The Mighty Weso was sick last week but has made a full recovery and this week offered up this
single RS-1 in SP&S colors. Good to have you back, Steve.
 
Greg Mercier had his brand new SP&S models ( well maybe not new, but not weathered?) showing his
Northwest heritage is still important to him.
 
Southern Pacific power showed up but I don't remember who brought them in. The closest SP comes to Spokane is 350 away in Portland,Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment