Oct 14, 2017

How to build a tunnel portal and other trivia!

We reconfigured the rail at the back area and that necessitated changes in the tunnel as well. I said
what ever you wanted to do I could fix it. And they took me up on it! So out comes the rock castings I
had in stock, patched pieces to fit with the help of new member Ver Walker and spackled them together.
The metal angle brackets are for the magnets to hold on to. JIm Bowden built the tunnel portal entrance.
 
What magnets? The magnets on the opposite side of the tunnel portal as it will hold until someone
needs to get back in there again and will be able to reach stuff.
 
Now that looks better!! I colorized the rocks to match what I did 8 years ago. Stained the tunnel portal
with thinned black and grimy black on the top of the portal. Now I'm waiting on the word to do the
ballast on the tracks and inside the tunnel.
 
Jack Pappas added the Evergreen name to a small switcher. Jack been doing ballasting around the layout.
 
Will Windom did the weathering for his made up railroad called Santiam River from his childhood days
in Oregon. Will uses chalks as does Jack but I was never able to master that stuff.
 
AWOL member Doug Neighschwanger brought this weeks ago and I think it is worth showing as it
really runs on its own.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment